Re: [Epic]Flak Spt Name( wasTitans)

From: Alun Gallie <gallie_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 08:44:34 +0930

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
To: space-marine_at_... <space-marine@...>
Date: Monday, November 17, 1997 1:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Epic]Titans
<snip>

>Speaking of which, did we finally decide that Imperial Support weapon only
>come in 3 flavors? (AT/Artillery/Flak)? If so I need to update pages
>again.

Well I cann't speak for everyone but thats what we have adopted in our group
(Chris Pinson, Myself and a couple of non-listees )

>Second of which could one of the UK people tell me if GW named the Flak
>version of Support Weapons in WD 215 or do they just call it "Support
>Weapon"?. If they didn't name it I submit the following list of name for
>this weapon system.
Well I'm not a UK person but I do have WD215 and no is the answer no name
given.

>Avenger
>Redeye
>Stinger
>Grail
>Roland
>Gepard
>Vulcan
>
>(yes, these are all 20th century SPAAG/SPSAM systems.)
>Submit your vote! Or add your own name to the list. My tendency is toward
>Avenger (which in RL is a quad mounting of "Stinger" missiles on Hummer
>soft vehicle. Weird looking thing)

Ok, but I'd tend to go away from real systems. As it is esentially a flak
version of a Rapier I'd sugest a variation on that theme ie.
Sabre
Epee
Cutlass
Foil