Re: [Epic]Flak Spt Name( wasTitans)

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 18:56:15 -0600

Tyler Provick wrote:

> > Ok, but I'd tend to go away from real systems. As it is esentially a flak
> > version of a Rapier I'd sugest a variation on that theme ie.
> > Sabre
> > Epee
> > Cutlass
> > Foil
> > or the Tarantula
> > umm slightly harder this one
> > Redback ?
> > Funnel Web
> > Aracnid ?
> > My votes would be Sabre or Cutlass.
> > Cheers
> > Alun
>
> I like Sabre better then Avenger (sorry) although does a fine, precision weapon
> good for describing Flak? I don't think so, but it sounds good.
>
> Tyler

My own feelings is epee, but given that I am an (ex) Epee fencer, well, that sort
of follows.
I think that "Sword" names are the way to go with this weapon, given it's "Rapier"
background.

BTW, when I listed the "Modern" ADA system names, I did not list the current UK
system. Why? Well, it's "Rapier".

I would love to lay hands on a 1:220 or so scale model of a "Tracked Rapier"
system. Looks sort of like the 6 missile Ordinates thing, but based on a Rhino
APC. Modern mobile ADA units just look, well, weird.