[Epic] Net Epic

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 1997 11:11:00 +0000

Greetings!

CONSENSUS ACHIEVED!

It took a while but we made it following is a summary of what we have
now:

MOVEMENT

We will use a alternating movement system in which the winner of
initiative will determine either to move a unit first or let his
opponent go first. Thereafter each player in turn will select a unit to
move according to the following phases:

1-ALL UNITS WITH CHARGE ORDERS IN THE FOLLOWING ORDER(PHASES):
Titans and super heavy vehicles
Units of the knight class
All vehicles that do not belong to the previous classes
All troop stands and cavalry/bike units

2-ALL UNITS WITH ADVANCE ORDERS
Titans and super heavy vehicles
Units of the knight class
All other vehicles
All troop stands bikes/cavalry units

3-ALL UNITS WITH FIRST FIRE
Command units that have not moved in other phases(command units may move
in any phase)
Units with special movement (Overlords etc.)

SNAP FIRE

Any unit with first fire may elect to fire during an opponents move. It
may be interrupted at any time during the move with the following
exceptions: You may not interrupt opponents snap fire, units that can
move and fire (command units,overlords etc.) cannot move if they elect
to snap fire. Artillery units may not snap fire. Units being charged
must snap fire at the unit charging(this basically makes it pointless to
wait until the first fire phase to shoot at units that charge you).

It has been expressed that snap fire should have a -1 modifier
attached(since its harder to track moving targets). this point still
needs opinions - so lets have them!

TERRAIN EFFECTS
-troop stands-normal restrictions
-True cavalry(animal/beast locomotion)may enter woods normally
-Bikes(jetbikes,vipers, sguat bikes) may enter woods and difficult
terrain only in advance orders until woods/difficult terrain are cleared
at normal rate.No pop-ups can be made from these terrain types.
-tracked vehicles may move backwards and fire on advance orders and move
at half the advanced rate. They may enter woods and difficult terrian
only on advance orders and only at half the advance rate
-larger sized skimmers like falcons and tempests may not enter woods
since they do not the raw displacement power(as tracked vehicles) to
push terrain out of the way-remember eldar builds for speed not brute
force!

Also comments about movement through woods have been mentioned,but it
was clarified that woods represent very dense wood in which on very
manuverable units (troop stands, true cavalry) can traverse with less
difficulty. In the optional rules section at the end we will and rules
for more lightly populated woods.

No I am not crazy! there are many issues regarding movement and morale
that need to be clarified before heading to the combat phase!

Also this next topic is more a vote of the desire of all of you to
tackle this issue than actually discussing it.FLYERS-do you guys want to
go for this NOW or disscuss it at a later date? Opinions please!!

United we stand!
Peter