Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Jason Robinson <ewing_at_...>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 21:29:09 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 8 Feb 1997, Peter Ramos wrote:
> CONSENSUS ACHIEVED!
> It took a while but we made it following is a summary of what we have
> now:
> MOVEMENT
  [Movement rules deleted]

 Good work...

> It has been expressed that snap fire should have a -1 modifier
> attached(since its harder to track moving targets). this point still
> needs opinions - so lets have them!

 I vote for this too, I think it's fair to armies with less firepower.

> TERRAIN EFFECTS
> -troop stands-normal restrictions
> -True cavalry(animal/beast locomotion)may enter woods normally
> -Bikes(jetbikes,vipers, sguat bikes) may enter woods and difficult
> terrain only in advance orders until woods/difficult terrain are cleared
> at normal rate.No pop-ups can be made from these terrain types.
> -tracked vehicles may move backwards and fire on advance orders and move
> at half the advanced rate. They may enter woods and difficult terrian
> only on advance orders and only at half the advance rate
> -larger sized skimmers like falcons and tempests may not enter woods
> since they do not the raw displacement power(as tracked vehicles) to
> push terrain out of the way-remember eldar builds for speed not brute
> force!

 Sounds good.

> No I am not crazy! there are many issues regarding movement and morale
> that need to be clarified before heading to the combat phase!

 Have orders been done already?
 What about being able to give a fall back order to out of command
 troops? (I posted about it some days ago) I think fall back orders
 should be voluntary also, as in Adeptus Titanicus. Troops on fall
 back would have to move away from the enemy at charge rate, would
 not be able to shoot and enemies shooting at them would get -1 to hit.
 Opinions?
 This of course would bring up the question of the difference in
 voluntarily giving the order and failing a morale check. The easiest
 way would be to use a different counter for routed troops, which
 have to take a morale test in order to get rid of the fall back.

> Also this next topic is more a vote of the desire of all of you to
> tackle this issue than actually discussing it.FLYERS-do you guys want to
> go for this NOW or disscuss it at a later date? Opinions please!!

 One thing at a time I think. :)

        - Jason