Re: [Epic] Swooping Hawk Warlocks?

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:30:09 -0500

A. Allen McCarley wrote:
> > Neil, what do you base this on? The Army Book, page 70, gives upgrades
> > of Aspect Warriors to jump packs, and also to psyker. It specifies
> > that you can't combine jump packs and heavy weapons, but I don't see
> > any rules reason why you can't add psyker to it. If you weren't
> > supposed to combine those upgrades, wouldn't it have given Warlock
> > an asterix, like jump packs and heavy weapons?
>
> In the armies book, there was no provision for deploying your Swooping
> Hawks via the drop pod rule. When this provision was made possible
> via WD, however, I'm pretty sure they said you could only do it if you
> stand was made up entirely of Swooping Hawks, and perhaps Exarchs since
> Exarchs also have wings. I'd have to check the text again to be sure,
> but I'm fairly sure I remember it being just Swooping Hawks and
> Exarchs.

Allan, I'd like to see this ("Can Aspect Warriors be upgraded to both
Jump Packs and Warlock?") in a Q&A.

(Also, "How do blast markers affect barrages--removing one barrage as
one super-heavy weapon, or removing fp figured for the barrage?" Though
I do think you answer about when FP is figured makes sense.)

Thanks,
andy

--
Andy Skinner