[Epic] Swooping Hawk Warlocks?

From: Neil R. Thomason <n.thomason_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:23:11 GMT

>The question about how other people use Swooping Hawks:
>
>I either use the new rules and drop ten of them (all with Exarchs) or give
>them five wave serpents as transport. They can engage an opponent 65 cm
>away in close combat! At best include two or three warlocks as well!

This highlights my main problem with the suggested 'winged psyker' miniature
conversion. I imagine the figure looks good, but in terms of the game rules
and background - no. There's nothing to suggest Warlocks qualify for Hawk
packs, and having the miniature tempts abuse of the rules. If you're using
the new rules about bringing Hawks onto the table as drop pod troops, you
can only include Hawks and their Exarch - no Warlocks!

Sorry if this sounds like a flame; I don't intend it as criticism of any
individual. Just trying to pre-empt the flying Terminators!

Cheers,

NRT

New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group