Re: [Epic] Epic40K boxed armies?

From: Asmodean <jcm05_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 19:59:24 +1100

I heard Kodai scream:

> Hi all. When I called GW about two months ago to ask some questions I
> brought up the boxed sets I had heard about and they said they were waiting on
> some new lead scenery or something like that. I think he meant the objectives
> but he said the price would be between $69-$70 american. I also heard they
> were going to be 2500 point sets, does anybody know if this is true? It
> doesn't seem so. L8ER ^_^

From memory the (australian) space marine boxed set contains:
1 command land raiders(2 metal land raiders)
1 predator blister (3 of them)
1 space marine tanks box(2 lrs, 2 whirlwinds and 4 rhinos)
1 space marine dreadnought blister (4 dreads)
1 land speeder blister (again 4 of them)
1 vidicator blister (3 tanks)
1 attack bike blister (4 bikes)
1 space marine battle group (standard space marine troop sprue, could be
two of them though)

and the 'new' objective thingies
the ork boxed set contains a gargant and about 5 blisters + 2
battlefortresses. as well as a battlewagon boxed set(6 plastic) and the
objective thingies.

dont know how many points are in either and i dont care much as $150 is
just a little bit over my budget.

jason
     The point is that the chicken crossed the road. Who cares why?
    The end of crossing the road justifies whatever motive there was.
        jcm05_at_...,http://rabble.uow.edu.au/people/asmodean