Re: [Epic]Titans

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 12:28:09 -0500

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> And as soon as I can get a copy of The Lost and The Damned etc I will do
> up Chaos.

        How much are you willing to shell out? I've been trying
to get a copy myself for ages now, but all the internet auctions
end up going beyond my price range.

> Trouble is, I want the army organisation to allow any existing
> WH40K or RT army as a detachment. And for that, I need the initial data.
> The big area of ignorance for me is in the "Chaos Warband". What is it?
> To fit in with Armageddon/Chaos Attack and Horus Heresy, we need units
> of Minotaurs, Trolls, DiskRiders, Beasts of Slaanesh & Juggernauts of
> Khorne. So maybe a "Chaos Champion" unit with identical stats to CSMs is
> needed, which can then be upgraded to Cavalry/Assault/Skimmer/Rampage
> etc. Any ideas?

        If you're talking stats, this is what was hammered out
on the list a few months ago:

Add this to the Chaos Space Marine Detachment listing under Main Force:

Chaos Space Marine Calvary Squad 21 pts
Consists of 1 Chaos Space Marine unit (Calvary)
 Upgrade to Slaanesh Beast Riders (Stubborn)* + 1 pt
 Upgrade to Khorne Juggers (Rampage, Assault)* + 2 pts
 Upgrade to Tzeentch Disc Riders (Skimmer)* + 3 pts
        (* MUST choose one option)

        My own ideas for beast of nurgle, minotaur/troll, chaos
squat, and chaos android stats/point costs can be found at:

http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes/EPIC/E40K/post.mia.html

        FTR, the last version of the point formula that was posted
here does not work on units with 0 FP. There seems to be a fairly
decent price break on such units - perhaps it's just a simple
percentage of the normal points total, although I haven't really
looked at it closely.

        Also, you might want to check out

http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes/EPIC/E40K/post.chaos_additions.html

which talks about extending the chaos detachment lists to make any
current WH40k chaos army possible with E40k.

        Also again, something I was going to add to the above page
(but haven't gotten around to yet) was a rewritten Daemon detachment
listing that only allows for 1 GD per detachment. The current list
is poorly worded, and while personally I don't feel that detachments
containing only 5 Bloodthirsters are unbalancing, only having 1 GD
per det mirrors the way things should be, flavor-wise, better than
the current list.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Stupid f**king words!" - Fugazi