Re: [Epic] Swooping Hawk Warlocks?

From: Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister <colen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 21:54:50 +0000

"Neil R. Thomason" <n.thomason_at_...> came forth and spoke
thusly:

>>I either use the new rules and drop ten of them (all with Exarchs) or give
>>them five wave serpents as transport. They can engage an opponent 65 cm
>>away in close combat! At best include two or three warlocks as well!
>
>This highlights my main problem with the suggested 'winged psyker' miniature
>conversion. I imagine the figure looks good, but in terms of the game rules
>and background - no. There's nothing to suggest Warlocks qualify for Hawk
>packs, and having the miniature tempts abuse of the rules. If you're using
>the new rules about bringing Hawks onto the table as drop pod troops, you
>can only include Hawks and their Exarch - no Warlocks!
That'd be fair enough, I suppose. I don't use them like that anyway (it
seems like an excellent way to commit suicide, dropping AV4 troops near
some enemy).
>Sorry if this sounds like a flame; I don't intend it as criticism of any
>individual. Just trying to pre-empt the flying Terminators!
'Terminators cannot have jump packs, nor may they ride bikes. They
certainly cannot do both at the same time! They are also rather poor at
pole vaulting, and can't skip." -WD Q&A ;o)
No offence taken, I assure you.

--
Colen 'Not Colin' 'Mad Dog' McAlister, Director of N.A.S.A.
(the National Anti-Skaven Alliance), Editor of the Chaos Wastes