Sv: [Epic] How are Pulsar shots resolved ?

From: Jon Nielsen <jon_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 1997 14:49:54 +0100

Carl Billen wrote:
> I read in a message about the Imperator SHW the following : "...while a
pulsar or vortex missile takes all it's (randomly determined) shots at just
one target. ...". IIRC the rules are a bit unclear about this. I came up
with the following interpretations :

Method 1 : One target per Pulsar (one destroyed Land Raider)
1) Select target
2) Determine how many shots you have got
3) Resolve AT-shots

Method 2 : Many targets per Pulsar (A few destroyed LRs)
1) Determine how many shots you have got
2) Select targets
3) Resolve AT-shots

Method 3 : The Cheesy Pulsar (A lot of destroyed LR)
1) Determine how many shots you have got
2) Select 1 target
3) Resolve 1 AT shot
4) According to the result, fire again or pick a new target

Could anyone point out what the _official_ rule is, and which method is
used mostly (as a house rule) ?

Many thanks,
Carl Billen

Method 2 is most correct. You select one enemy detacment, since
one SHW can not spilt its fire between multible opponents. Then
roll 1D6 and select that many targets from the enemy det. This can
leed to an over-kill, but if roll, say a 5, then you can just opt to shoot
at 5 different LRs.

Jon "The Psyker" Nielsen
jon_at_...

This is Lameth, The Dark Messiah, signing off