[Epic] Net Epic

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 17:58:36 +0000

Greetings!

THIS WEEKS TOPIC: MORALE

First lets clean up some stuff.

The -1 to hit on snap fire is in !

Flyers will be discussed later!

ON TO MORALE!

For a long time it has bothered me somewhat that a unit that breaks can
hold its ground unit it is obliged to move in the following turn.
Probably everyone has a story of losing ( and winning ) a game because a
unit that broke still holds an objective! This doesn't to sit well with
what ademoralized unit can do. I suggest that movement regarding broken
units be taken immediately upon breaking. This means if your troops
crack under the strain you dont get any free rides as far as Vp's, also
broken units may never claim objectives by be within 15 cm of them. Of
course this movement may happen at any phase not just the movement
phase!

Secondly, it bothers me that units away from any command unit can easily
regroup if the morale roll is made, not that it cannot be done, but it
should happen under stiff penalties. This also encourages proper use of
HQ units as ralling points( as well as give them a more useful role ).

Thirdly, certain feats really need guts to accomplish. Charging a tank
or other troop stands is what your trained for, but tackling titans ,
super heavies, and greater deamons- I think at least some morale checks
are in order! maybe even at a penalty.

Fouthly, is firing at a unit that charges you a given if you have first
fire orders? doesn't it require disipline to accomplish such a task?

Well thats my two cents-let the opinions come!!!!

United we stand!
Peter