Re: [Epic] firefight question/mailorder advise /apology all wrapped up in one.

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 08:47:43 -0500

> net. Has anyone had a bad experience with this company? I think the
> name for where I'm thinking of ordering from is Shawns Trading post.

I know they do a lot of business, haven't heard good or bad in
particular. My experiences buying on the net have been absolutely good
(so far).

> was wondering how it should have been handled. I had a detachment of
> knights and my partner had a detachment of Eldar jet bikes and Vypers.
> two detachments were separately assaulted by a detachment of two of
> smaller tyranid bio-titans. The titans wasn't on any special orders,
Titans can't be given orders, by the way - they're always on their own
version of assault. Move twice, shoot as normal. The fact that you won
initiative just means that you had a chance to move/assault/firefight
first. Each side does everything in a package rather than alternating
as in the shooting phase.

> able to get into base to base with a Eldar jetbike. Here is where we
> alittle confused. A: The second titan was less than 15 cm from my
> detachment so that meant a firefight needed to be resolved( which was
> understandable). Which should have been the order? I may need to add
> my side did have initiative. Should the firefight took place or should
> close combat been first or is it up to who won init?

First the assaulting side moves. Then you resolve assaults, which will
most likely end up with a dead jetbike squad and a broken jetbike
detachment. Anything still within 15cm after the close combat then
firefights. If you think the Titans are going to get within 15cm in
their phase, it's best to just get it over with and firefight them in
yours when you can make sure your deployment is as good as possible.

Regards,

- Erik