Re: [Epic] firefight question/mailorder advise /apology all wrapped up in one.

From: Sutherland <charles_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 09:06:35 -0600

        Third, I was able to play a game yesterday and a situation came up and I
>was wondering how it should have been handled. I had a detachment of
>knights and my partner had a detachment of Eldar jet bikes and Vypers. The
>two detachments were separately assaulted by a detachment of two of the
>smaller tyranid bio-titans. The titans wasn't on any special orders, they
>just did a regular move during their assault phase move. The one titan was
>able to get into base to base with a Eldar jetbike. Here is where we got
>alittle confused. A: The second titan was less than 15 cm from my knight
>detachment so that meant a firefight needed to be resolved( which was
>understandable). Which should have been the order? I may need to add that
>my side did have initiative. Should the firefight took place or should the
>close combat been first or is it up to who won init?

If the bio-titan moved into close combat with the jet bikes than you work
out the close combat first than resolve all fire-fights if any.
In this case the bike would get eaten than the knights probably would of
burped the nasty critter and driven him back.

"BAD Monster!!! Spit that back out!!!"

                                                                That Chuk Guy