Re: [Epic] Dire Avenger/Fire Dragon/Shining Spear Aspect Warriors

From: Neil R. Thomason <n.thomason_at_...>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 19:19:53 GMT

Hi again,

>Shining Spear:
>
>Start with basic (Harlequin) Jet bike (15Pts) Profile.
>Allow Psyker (+10) and/or Exarch (assault, +1).

If a Warlock joins an Aspect warrior squad, he/she remains a Warlock, not an
Aspect Warrior with psychic abilities. Hence, the Warlock doesn't get the
same equipment as the Aspect Warriors - no Hawk pack, Mandiblasters, etc. -
nor a Shining Spear jetbike. What I'm saying is that I think it's a bad
idea to allow the Psyker upgrade in this context.

Extending the point to the official Eldar army list, I'd say the Psyker and
Jump Packs upgrades should be mutually exclusive. Hawks would be continually
leaving their Warlock behind whenever they jump, as would Warp Spiders.
Imagine a Warlock trying a Warp Jump - it'd attract every daemon in the star
system!

Cheers,

NRT

New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group