Re: [Epic] Eldar Titans

From: Neil R. Thomason <n.thomason_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 00:28:30 GMT

>Could you give us an idea what might have been? I like the miniatures
>they've come out with so far for the Eldar, but I'm also worried about
>the Titans, just because the old ones were so cool.

Well... I suppose if it's not going to be released, I won't be giving away
commercially-sensitive information!

It was far too bulky for my taste. The whole thing was covered with
external struts - like the vanes on the new Farseer's Falcon, but all over
the body. The feet looked remarkably like those of the current Gargants.
The wings were larger versions of the War Walker's wing. The head was quite
nice, if a bit small. The armament was a Pulsar on one arm, a D-Cannon on
the other. One nice touch was the guns were on arms - the weapon mountings
were long enough to be anatomical upper arms, the cannon being lower arms
below the elbow pivot. No hands, though!

The problem is that all the Titans are being done by Dave Andrews - a great
sculptor of many miniatures, but not Eldar. I REALLY hope this first effort
triggers Jes G. to show him how it should look!

I'd better point out to anyone tempted to copy my description and make one:
GW still hold copyright, even on miniatures remaining unreleased. And they
do pursue companies copying their miniatures - two cases are ongoing at present.

With that covering statement, I'll say goodnight (it's 00:22 in Britain).

Cheers,

NRT

New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group