RE: [Epic] Net Epic

From: Andy Skinner <andy.skinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 97 08:47:00 EST

Having hacked on movement stuff before, I'll make a
suggestion here:
>We will use a alternating movement system in which the winner of
>initiative will determine either to move a unit first or let his
>opponent go first. Thereafter each player in turn will select a unit to
>move according to the following phases:
If you win initiative but have less units that
may move than your opponent, making him move first
will still not give you the last move. You may want
to allow the person with initiative to choose either
to move first or last. If you choose last, the other
guy goes first and you alternate, but if near the
end of movement and the other guy has more than you,
you can hold one unit to move last.

Are you only alternating between units that may move?
For example, can your turn to move something consist
of not moving a unit on first fire? Do you alternate
between all units that may move, whether they actually
do or not (charge, advance, or command units)?

What about units that should be moving together in a
group, like IG or Orks that have to stay near commanders,
or Orks inside a Dragsta field? Do you allow more than
one detachment to move together? If not, snap fire
could take advantage of some of the troops moving at
a different time than the Dragsta, even though they
should have moved together.

I haven't been paying much attention to all this, so sorry if
you addresses these things and I didn't see it.

andy
andy.skinner_at_...