Re: [Epic] Q&A 5 (Answered!)

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 01:42:36 -0500

> Riddle me this - can flak or overwatching troops in range fire on
> interceptors before they intercept other flyers? Put another way, if
> (including interceptors) have to be put on the table in order to start
> shooting at other flyers, what happens if a flak/overwatcher could
> the interceptor? This may be obvious or already discussed to death -
> I'm new to these parts...

The interception happens before the planes actually hit the table. We
generally place the planes on the table to show the declared flight path
and arrange the interceptors so we know who's attacking who but we treat
that whole part as happening before they actually come in on a table
edge. I believe the rules state that this is how interceptions are to
be treated.

Regards,

- Erik