Re: [Epic] Q&A 5 (Answered!)

From: William L. Irish <wirish1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 02:02:31 -0500

>> The rules say that the second roll is always against the flyers armour
>> value so I would presume that the second roll is irrespective of flak
>> type.
> Yeah the problem comes that the roll is against the armour of the
>flyer but the AT rules claim that the armour is always treated as being 4
>as far as its concerned.

I take it there hasn't been any sort of 'ruling' on this, huh? <sigh?>

Riddle me this - can flak or overwatching troops in range fire on
interceptors before they intercept other flyers? Put another way, if flyers
(including interceptors) have to be put on the table in order to start
shooting at other flyers, what happens if a flak/overwatcher could shoot at
the interceptor? This may be obvious or already discussed to death - sorry,
I'm new to these parts...

>> > Sounds like my 'why take guardians when you can have aspects'
>> > Sadly even with the new rules there are still some very average units
>>
>> Hey, guardians can be useful! Seriously.
> How do you normally use guardians (outside of as a
>screening/sacrificial) unit ? In terms of shooting ok they have 2fp but
>theyre out ranged by most
>infantry and their crud armour means if the opposition goes first they're
>going to be badly hurt.......
> JAC

Yeah - I've been wondering the same thing (I'm new to E40K - aquiring figs
and looking over the rules now...)

I'm kind of puzzled over the concept of 'screening troops' - I can't find
anything in the rules that makes a detachment fire at the closest
detachment, thus seeminly invalidating the screening tactic. Also, with the
extra moral loss that Eldar suffer, it seems that fielding detachments
intending that they get pasted seems...shakey? :)

BTW - I _just_ joined this ListServe - could anyone forward me a copy of
the QnA mentioned in the subject? I'm trying to get up-to-speed on the

TIA!
Larry