Re: [Epic] Ork Waaaagh!

From: Mike Bowen <mbowen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 18:55:00 -0600 (CST)

I have found that Stompas with Nobz work well agaist the marines.

Use them like a decoy det, run them right at the SM with assault orders.
The local SM players seem to have a heathy dislike for stompas, and
enjoys putting many AT shots into them. If they shoot at Stompas, it
gives a KoS det. a chance to get in and CC/FF those Land Raiders.

The Marine Player can't afford to let the Stompas get close, because
they do have pretty good assault stats. Stompas can't be ignored.

The time that the SM spends shooting at the stompas gives your other units
a chance to get close enough to do some damage. Don't try to out shoot the
SM player-- Orks can't play that game anymore, like you could in SM/TL.
Close Combat and Firefights are your friends now.

MegaGargants are nice, but you will need every possible field, they won't
last long, so be prepared to retreat so you wont loss morale.

Assault Gretchin can also be usefull when fighting LR. Let the SM
waste his time shooting grots.

see if your group will let you use the "lost" ork units from
the e40k flavor rules.

**
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans of
Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking
becomes a warning, it is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

mike
**