Re: [Epic] Unknown Robots

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 21:05:16 -0800

Carl Billen wrote:

> Then there were 5 set of 4 figures of 15-20 mm high, with a metal base
> of about 1cm radius. They are not so style like they Eldar, but not
> as chunky as the Orks, so I think they are Imperial or Squat (?). Are
> they different models of Dreadnought ?
>
> 4 figures of a robot with a hammer as its left arm, a bolter in its
> right hand and a gun on its right shoulder.

No Idea

> 4 figures of a thinner version of the Marine Dreadnought with bolters
> in both hands and a gun on its right shoulder.

No Idea again

> 4 figures of a robot with kind of machine gun as its right arm, and a
> gun on its back. It has nothing in its left arm an has a dynamic pose
> as if it is aiming its gun.

Positively Identified as the Original Imperial Dreadnaught - I forget
exactly which one. I have a few myself.

> 4 figures of an insect-like robot (it has a mantis-like head) with
> thin forearms and a gun on its back. It has legs like the two-legged
> AT/ATs from StarWars and it doesn't appear to have anything in its
> hands.

Positively Identified as an Imperial Robot. "Conqueror" I think, but
could be Cataphract. There's an illustration of one in SM2 (or is it
Armies of the Imperium?)

> 4 figures of a robot wich is more rounded (it's not as chunky) with a
> gun on its back and nothing in its hands. It has a kind of boxing
> pose and its head looks like a cockpit dome, and has two smal holes
> onder the dome.

Again, an Imperial Dreadnaught. I have a few of these ones too.

> Also, are there any rules in Epic about those robots/different types
> of Dreadnoughts ?

In SM1 there were different rules. SM2 simplified things, and
amalgamated all Imperial DNs into one category, Robots similarly. E40K
took it further, deleting Robots. BUT... see the Flavour Rules for E40K
on JM Looney's page, or as you so rightly said, CJ 21 or thereabouts for
the Squat Robots.

> I hope anyone can help me...

Sorry I couldn't help you with the rest.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo