Re: [Epic] Unknown Robots

From: William L. Irish <wirish1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 12:18:41 -0500

>2 figures labeled 'Banshee' -> Eldar Dreadnought, with a Missile Launcher (?)
>2 figures labeled 'War-Cry' -> another Eldar Dreadnought, with a Lascannon
>2 figures labeled 'War-Walker' -> I guess that's a War Walker :-)
>2 figures labeled 'Spirit Warrior' -> another Eldar Dreadnought ? It has a
>very little head and a plasma gun instead of his right arm
These are very authentic epic versions of the original Eldar 40K
dreadnaughts (1st ed).
The spirit warrior was a little different, but, essentially, these are all
Eldar dreads.
This was back when Eldar dreads cost $7.50 per blister, not $18.00 per box
(if any one is keeping track) :|

>Then there were 5 set of 4 figures of 15-20 mm high, with a metal base of
>about 1cm radius. They are not so style like they Eldar, but not as chunky
>as the Orks, so I think they are Imperial or Squat (?). Are they different
>models of Dreadnought ?

These are also very authentic epic versions of 40K models from the 1st
edition. These figs have since been dropped from 40K, so fielding them in
Epic 40K will take some new rules...

>4 figures of a robot with a hammer as its left arm, a bolter in its right
Conqueror robot, I think...

>4 figures of an insect-like robot (it has a mantis-like head) with thin
>forearms
Sounds like a Crusader robot.

>4 figures of a robot wich is more rounded (it's not as chunky) with a gun
>on its back
Hmmm...Castellan robot?

>Also, are there any rules in Epic about those robots/different types of
>Dreadnoughts ? I found on the web pages of Allen (Q&A Guy) rules about
>Knights and there was also a 'Guild Robots' line in the Squat list...
Unsure...

Hope this helps!
Larry