[Epic] Naming Conventions & Figurespotting

From: Carl Billen <billenc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 1997 09:12:01 +0100

As I only recently have started painting/playing Epic 40K, I have no idea
of the history and previous versions of the game. By reading the entries
of this list, I have heard about many different products associated with
this game, like :

Space Marine (version 1 and version 2)
Titan Legions
Adeptus Titanicus
Epic
Epic 40K
Codex Titanicus

Can anyone please explain which product is which (and where it its placed
in the history of the game), and could anyone tell what naming conventions
are used (because I believe that Adeptus Titanicus is the same as SM1 and
Titan Legions is the same as SM2, but I could be mistaken... But then again
SM is sometimes referred to as Epic, so...)

This is of some importance, as I recently obtained some figures of previous
versions and it would be nice to know where they are situated in the
history of the game... I have three different kind of Eldar infantry
(grey, dark green and bone coloured plastic), but if the dark green version
has a plastic triangular shaped Falcon, and the grey version has a metal
extremely-cool Falcon, did the bone coloured version have another Falcon ?

Is there a site where there are pictures/photos of the different versions
of miniatures, so that I can see at a glance which figure is which
(something like a 'Ye Olde Epic Identification Site'...) ?

Greetings,

Carl Billen
billenc_at_...