Re: [Epic] Correct Infantry Comparsions

From: Dirk Vormann <DVormann_at_...-duisburg.de>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 07:57:25 +0100 (MEZ)

> > If you do not (and choose Sentinels/Ratlings/Support Weapons) you loose
> > in this ratings. So we still have the task of producing an infantry
> > detachment with limited Tank support and cheaper 2nd and 3rd command
> > squad.
>
> If you take ratling instead of tanks or ogryns you trade off assault value
> for inflitrate. If you take sentinels instead of tanks or ogryns you trade
> off assault value for speed. In both cases you have to decide whether the
> trade offs are worth it. With support weapons you gain additional firepower.
>
> I can't answer you last question about cheaper command squads, because I
> don't understand, could you re phase it please.
This was discussed in the last Q&A update. Why do IG infantry pay 25
points for the HQ three times? Answer: because of the Tank support. (do
not understand the reasoning behind this myself). Remamber: Tank
Detachments with a lot of infantry support do not pay those points.
However we (the mailing list) were set the task to re-write the infantry
detachment list accordingly. I already mailed an attempt to limit Tanks
(no more than one per captain or rough rider command) but no one
responded.

DV