Re: [Epic] Correct Infantry Comparsions

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 15:08:15 -0600

> This was discussed in the last Q&A update. Why do IG infantry pay 25
> points for the HQ three times? Answer: because of the Tank support. (do
> not understand the reasoning behind this myself). Remamber: Tank
> Detachments with a lot of infantry support do not pay those points.

Makes no sense to me either. Especially since the IG can't really take
more tank support for their infantry detachments than other armies.

> However we (the mailing list) were set the task to re-write the infantry
> detachment list accordingly. I already mailed an attempt to limit Tanks
> (no more than one per captain or rough rider command) but no one
> responded.
>
> DV

Sorry I didn't respond at the time. I thought your detachment suggestion
was well thought out, and made much more sense than the current one.
All we need now is a few dirrerent people to test it and decide how
abusable it is.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.