Re: [Epic] Titan Weapons

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 16:03:14 -0500

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...> writes:
> > Paulo Alexandre Correia Pombal wrote:
> > > Cyclone Missile Launcher
> > > - carapace mounted only
> > > - one shot only
> > > - unlimited range
> > > - 1D6+1 mega-cannon templates on target (i.e. place 1D6+1 barrage
> > > templates on target detachment all in contact with at least another one
> > > and treat each template as if it was a mega-cannon shot).
> >
> > I take it that this is supposed to emulate the SM/TL
> > Barrage Missile Launcher one-shot? Mega-cannons are a bit harsh
> > for something that was equivalent to the Mulitple Rocket Launcher
> > in strength.
>
> I thought the BML had a -2 save mod, just like the Lascannons
> on the Land Raider.

        Yeah, the BML is 8 BPs, -2 save mod. The MRL is 8 BPs, 0
save mod. I was thinking of the BPs mostly, not at the ability to
penetrate armor (seeing as it's just as tough to kill something
with 5+ armor with a Mega-Cannon as it is with a Heavy Barrage).

> IIRC, the thing was functionally identical to a
> Revenant's Pulse Laser, except it fired d6+1 of them. (not sure about
> range, but I think it was more than the Rev's Pulse Laser)

        ? Pulse Laser: D3 version of the Pulsar, yes? Barrage
Missile: unlimited range, auto-scatter, multiple barrage templates.
How are the two similar?

> > Barrages or Heavy Barrages would be far more
> > appropriate. Also the no-overlapping-templates rule from SM/TL
> > should still be in effect.
>
> Agreed. Just because it was ridiculously powerful in SM/TL
> doesn't mean it should transfer over to the same power level.

        I never thought that the Barrage missiles were all that
bad. Like most one-shot weapons, it depend on how well you rolled.
The proposed MC-version wouldn't be the same power level, it would
be a heck of a lot worse (ignore cover, many many BMs, plus the
casaulties).

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Stupid f**king words!" - Fugazi