Re: [Epic] Modified Infantry Comparsion

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 15:22:12 -0500

Sean Smith wrote:

> As several people on the list have pointed out, my infantry comparsion
> table failed to take into account the command structure of imperial guard
> infantry detachments. Below is modifications to the table, that take into
> account the command stucture of imperial guard infantry.
>
> There seems to be a way to get around the command structure of the
> imperial guard infantry detachment. A tank detachment with infantry as
> support is onlyrequired to have one HQ.

Do I misunderstand the Primarchs, or is this completely at odds with
what they said was the problem? If the problem was with infantry
with tanks (I'm not sure why this is a problem), then how come they
can take infantry for cheap in the armor detachments? I have not
studied the lists, but on the surface, it appears very confusing.

I'm not sure I don't just read Andy's comments as being something
like, "Well, even if there is a problem with the infantry itself,
you're overlooking all the tanks you could get intead." Others here
don't seem to understand it that way, so I'm probably misreading
it. But I don't get the impression they understand the problem.

I definitely wouldn't press the issue without giving a good alternative
and why we think it is better than the current list.

Or we could tell them, "Allow the big IG infantry army, and people
will buy more infantry. They'll get the tanks, anyway." :-)

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...