Re: [Epic] Modified Infantry Comparsion

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 15:50:38 -0500

> Or we could tell them, "Allow the big IG infantry army, and people
> will buy more infantry. They'll get the tanks, anyway." :-)

<grin> My understanding of Andy's comments was that IG get a break on
tanks to offset the cost of their command structure for infantry. By
extrapolation, that means that the strength of any IG army should be in
its tanks/support vehicles/artillery. I've found this to be true on the
battlefield. While I enjoy putting down a lot of infantry, I wonder why
the High Lords would ever want to create an infantry-only regiment when
a combined infantry/armor/artillery force would be much more
survivable. The Imperium's industrial capacity is certainly not an
issue, so I personally am investing in Leman Russes and Hellhounds.

Regards,

- Erik