[Epic] Queries and perspectives on Epic 40k

From: Vladimyr <morbid_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 12:48:42 +1000

Hi guys,

While I have been playing 40k/Necro/Epic etc for quite some time I have
only recently gotten into Epic 40k (and back onto this list).

While reading the books I have come across a few things and decided to
comment and question. Hopefully this will promote some discussion.

I was quite unhappy with the removal of squats (doesn't bode well for
squats coming back into 40k either). Anyone know why the were removed?

The combat system looks very interesting. Makes you have smaller
detachments or suffer from the 5 stands defeating 20 by only engaging 1 or
2. Also seems to make you think more about army choice. And, hopefully,
it will make people have to think about their tactics more than they did in
the second edition rules.

I dislike the ploy for getting more money (the changing of base size)
Anyone got any ideas for removing them from the 20 by 20 bases?

However the fact that some of the miniatures have had their scales 'fixed'
is great although I still don't mind if the older ones are used. (Not
everyone is rich after all.)

I have a tyranids army, an ork army, and a chaos army. I was just a little
miffed that the special characters are gone :( and that there are no rules
for creating them.

Some of the rules are a little ambiguous.

For example, when you purchase terminators and mount them in a land raider,
does the land raider benefit from the save? If not, what happens to them
if the land raider blows up?

Also, the bio titans. They are now unbelievable!! They can cross
impassable/difficult terrain with no effect. Wow. Look ma, I'm walking on
water :)

Anyway, I've probably yabbered enough for now
L8r
Vlad

I don't trust the power above me, I don't fear the evil inside,
Let me lick the juices off you, Let me suck until you're dry.
        - Leaether Strip (I wanna hate you)