Re: [Epic] Queries and perspectives on Epic 40k

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 13:03:28 -0500

Vladimyr wrote:

> I dislike the ploy for getting more money (the changing of base size)
> Anyone got any ideas for removing them from the 20 by 20 bases?

        *sigh* Why are people unwilling to just play with the old
bases? They even endorsed it in the E40k books, and people STILL
think that the new bases are a money-making ploy.

> I have a tyranids army, an ork army, and a chaos army. I was just a little
> miffed that the special characters are gone :( and that there are no rules
> for creating them.

        You're miffed that the undercosted super-powerful infantry
stands that could take on a scout titan by themselves are gone?
Actually, they're still around: Yarrick is an IG colnel, Ragnar is
a SM chapter master, etc.

> For example, when you purchase terminators and mount them in a land raider,
> does the land raider benefit from the save? If not, what happens to them
> if the land raider blows up?

        I though this was covered in the rules. Transport units do
not gain the special abilities of the units they're transporting.
The example in the books (assuming that I'm not just imagining the
whole thing) had to do with a Hero being transported.

        In the case above, if the LRs blow up, the termies get 2 4+
saves. One because all units get one if their transport is destroyed,
and one because of the Save ability.

> Also, the bio titans. They are now unbelievable!! They can cross
> impassable/difficult terrain with no effect. Wow. Look ma, I'm walking on
> water :)

        Yeah, but no shields... Get ready to eat some vortexes.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Military justice is to justice what military music is to music." -
Groucho Marx