Re: [Epic] Queries and perspectives on Epic 40k

From: Vladimyr <morbid_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 09:24:47 +1000

Scott Wrote:

>> I have a tyranids army, an ork army, and a chaos army. I was just a little
>> miffed that the special characters are gone :( and that there are no rules
>> for creating them.
>
> You're miffed that the undercosted super-powerful infantry
>stands that could take on a scout titan by themselves are gone?
>Actually, they're still around: Yarrick is an IG colnel, Ragnar is
>a SM chapter master, etc.

I was hoping they would fix the point costs for them like the did for the
titans and bring them to a more believable level.

I believe there are rules on the net for them?
Does anyone know where?

> I though this was covered in the rules. Transport units do
>not gain the special abilities of the units they're transporting.
>The example in the books (assuming that I'm not just imagining the
>whole thing) had to do with a Hero being transported.

Hmm.. I'll have to go through the rules again.. Maybe I missed it.
Actually the main reason I bought Epic 40k is cause I'm off work sick and
don't have much else to do :) I start painting them up today :)
So, my apologies if I ask any questions that were in the rules that I've
overlooked. Unfortunately, at the moment, I'm not always 'with it'

Well, how about some hints and tips on making an ork army then.
What would you guys take (And why)?
And what wouldn't you take?

Thanks
Vlad

After everything I've done, I hate myself for what I've become
I tried, I gave up
        - NIN - Gave Up