Re: [Epic] IG INFANTRY COMMAND

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 13:47:10 -0600

> What effect do the extra command units have on the command radius 30cm
> thingy? Is it possible that each HQ has to be within 30cm of each other and
> any forces have to be within 30cm of ANY HQ?

That was my first thought as well. Unfortunately, I put this in a
question to Jervis and the answer came back that an IG detachment
only has one HQ stand in charge of things at a time. (And he stays
in charge until he is killed and replaced by another HQ stand.)

In fact, we've taken lots of approaches to this little boggle, and
Jervis has even conferenced with Andy, and for some reason the
design team has remained adament that the Guard *need* to pay an
extra 50 point surcharge if they take a large infantry detachment.
My advice? Use Adeptus Mechanicus infantry detachments from CJ21
in place of IG infantry detachments.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.