Re: [Epic] Warlock Titan weapons

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 14:58:36 -0500 (EST)

duckrvr_at_... writes:
> At 08:11 AM 2/11/97 -0600, you wrote:
>
> >Power Fists don't give an extra d6 for close combat. Only the
> >Imperial Chain Fist and the Choas fist do this. The Eldar fist
> >just allows you to maybe inflict extra damage after the attack.
> >So it's good for shooting up tons of screaming infantry, but
> >I wouldn't charge a Warlord with it.
> >
> >Eric
>
> What about a reaver? A slasher gargant? How about warlord titan that you
> have Doomed with your psychic power?

        No thanks. If I'm in CC with one of these three and magically
win somehow, I am *NOT* going to play double or nothing. Too orky for
me, just like Doomweavers and Warp Hunters. (How many dice do I need
to figure out whether that Warp Hunter hit?!?)

        It's not even that good at shooting up infantry. It averages
2 hits. :( A Pulsar averages at worst 1.66 hits in all but freak
cases against infantry (lay a barrage down, 6cm coherency guarantees
you'll cover 2). And the Pulsar is more versatile than just being a
below-average infantry killer, unlike the Power Fist.

        I hate only having 6 weapon picks, of which only three deserve
any sort of consideration. :( (I don't consider my Wing Weapons to be
pickable. I feel that a Phantom/Warlock comes out of the factory with
a Turbo-Laser Destructor and a couple of Thudd Guns, and then you can
customize the arms.

Mark