Re: [Epic] New to list . . . want some opinions.

From: John Chapman <john_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:06:43 +1100 (EST)

> This is the single greatest annoyance I and my wargaming friends have with
> e40k. It is completely unrealistic to say that an entrenched and ready
> force can be engaged in close combat without getting to fire a single shot
> at their attackers. Epic2 was _slightly_ better with regard to this,
> since the charged unit got a shot off at the attackers, but they had to be
> on first fire to do so.

        Yeah but with the arc of fire on vehicles if a bunch of say land raiders
 had to move first they often found themselves in the situation that going on
to first fire didnt help. A bunch of jet bikes on advance could literally run
rings around them , end up behind them at the end of the move (where they couldnt be shot at) and then have free potshots in the advance fire phase. I always
HATED that.....
        JAC