Re: [Epic] New to list . . . want some opinions.

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 12:16:09 -0500

Thane Morgan wrote:

> > > Also noise marines 21 per
> > > stand, devestators 20 per stand?
> >
> > 20 points + 1 for Stubborn.
>
> What? devestators are already stubborn, they don't have to pay for it.

        Noise Marines are 21 points = 20 points + 1 for Stubborn.

> > > They did reduce the points for lack of
> > > stubborn in chaos terminators.
> >
> > No they didn't. Your basic chaos termie costs the same as
> > a SM termie, but the chaos version doesn't get Stubborn. If you try
> > to give the chaos termie stubborn, it costs you 2 points instead of
> > 1 (see the NM and TS upgrades).
>
> What book are you reading?

        The same one, just obviously not that well. =) I could
have sworn they were the same. Oh well.

> Chaos Termie 18 (not stubborn), Imp. Termie
> 19. The Chaos termie with stubborn does cost 1 point more than an Imp
> termie with stubborn, so It is now safe to say that all Chaos marines
> cost one point more than their imperial allies, without any obvious
> benefits.

        They're much cooler. =)

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"The day will not save them. And we own the the night." - Warmaster
Horus