RE: [Epic] Epic Battlescene

From: Kelley, Kevin J., JCS <kevin.kelley_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 13:53:43 -0500

The titan formula costs titans, not weapons per se but only the space
(hardpoint to use A/C terminology) to mount them. It is clear that the
specific type of SHW or CC weapon on the titan has very little to do
with the titans point value as specified by the game designers - the
vortex missle is equal to the deth ray since the titan with the same
points cost can have either. In the example below it costs 16 pts to
give up the SHW/CC mounting point, it still has its vortex and MRL if
it wants(I t have my book so I assume you quoted two of the three wepons
it can have). I tried to take the different weapons/races into account
- analytic result is garbage, in that you essentilly have a formula for
each titan that is usleess for estimating costs of new titans.