Re: [Epic] Capitol Imperialis

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 13:45:39 -0500

Stephen Sheldon wrote:

> 2nd ed:
> Weapons: Behemoth Cannon (A rather deadly if completely ineffective due
> to its crap range weapon.)

        Deadly? Didn't the barrages only have 4 BPs?

> A whole bunch o' bolters, which never did anything.
> On top of that it was too slow to do anything. At least in first ed it
> moved at the same rate as infantry (and could charge)

        It also had 6 void shields and the ability to transport 2
IG companies of ANY kind (infantry, tanks, super-heavy tanks, etc).
The problem was that its move was 10cm *max*, so there was really
no purpose in transporting anything in it. Or taking it at all,
for that matter. The 2ed. CI was truly worthless... but not as bad
as the 2ed Hellbore.

> I think through the list we should create some new rules that reflect the
> CI properly...
> I'll kick it off...
>
> Move: 10 (then at least it can march 30)

        War Engines don't get orders. A 10cm move means it can
move a total of 20cm in the turn (10 in each movement phase).

> Armour:6 Damage capacity:12 or 15
> Assault value: 20 (after all it has a lot of bolters and is very hard to
> take down in cc.
>
> Weapons: Front: DR 45cm range (or maybe an MC to hybridise 1st and 2nd rules)
> Left arc: 6fp 45cm
> Right arc: 6fp 45cm range.
>
> Special rules: Transport ?? (I am tempted to say 20 which is a marine
> company, but 12 is more realistic)
> Also, on assault missions or any mission where the player using the CI
> has a force setup and is on the move (like ambush as the ambushee) the CI
> has Infiltration, it is after all an extremely heavy assault vehicle.

        I don't see why that would give it infiltration. Infiltration
units are supposed to be adavance scouts that are capable of hiding
themselves from the enemy... The CI is kinda hard to miss and too slow
to function as a scout.

        You left out the void shields; I'd give it 6 myself.

> Damage table: a modification of the Leviathan?
> PV: 350-400
> Can be taken as a WE Support unit for the marines.
>
> Tell me what you think,

        What about price? Has anyone worked out a decent point
formula for WEs yet?

> I know it might be overstepping my bounds,

        Yeah, how dare you post an on-topic article here. To the
labor camps with you! =)

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"The day will not save them. And we own the the night." - Warmaster
Horus