Re: [Epic] Capitol Imperialis

From: David S Knowles <dsk100_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 20:24:38 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, Sauron Moridor wrote:
> Sauron1 writes; Steve;
>
> We poor unfortunates that were not wise enough to buy the "Great
> Machine" when it was available have to do with "sob" converted Jaba Sand
> Crawlers.

I ended up sitting and making one out of cardboard, it was fairly simple
to make IIRC. Just a correctly shaped box, with tracks from an old model
tank plus turrets etc from my bits box. It looks fairly good if I may say
so myself.

I actually used it in a game of 2nd ed with a damage template similar to
Aarons Squat ones. My (rather foolish) opponent decided that cos it was
new, he'd have to destroy it. Sat on my right it soaked up a serious
amount of shots and pretty much won the game for me as my entire right
flank was pretty much untouched as he attempted to kill it.

I never though it would actually do anything ever, I don't suppose he'll
fall for that one but it made for a really funny game.

                                DSK