RE: [Epic] Capitol Imp.

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 13:32:48 -0600

>----------I was looking at the mini again, and you can easily fit 3 infantry
>stands ontot the roof, therefore O think three appropriate stands
>(including weapon platforms) can fire from the top as if they were part
>of the CI, ie. fire in the WE firing phase.
>
>Any further comments to this?
>
>Steve

-------> OK, again, no rules handy, but can any other unit do this, like
say, the Imperator? (Which could in SM/TL) If so, fine, no big deal, but
if not, here we go with exception-rules again.

        In the same vein, as far as the transport goes, the unit is more
reasonable with "transport(24)" or whatever # you choose than it is with
"transport(detachment)" because you run into this: I have one detachment
with 20 stands. Want to carry it? Fine. No prob. Now I have 2
detachments, each with 10 stands. Whoops, now it's full with 10 stands,
and the other 10 just have to walk. Not real internally consistent, eh?
        If this means you have to assign transport costs, so be it, as at least
then some other things, like plague towers and t-hawks have some
potential now too.BUT, I would keep it simple: Infantry counts as 1
(like now), ALL "vehicles" count as 3 (I like the number 2, but 3 avoids
things like "can a land raider carry another land raider" and other BS
powergamer crap which just interferes with the game) and WarEngines and
Flyers are ,of course, not transportable. This is simple, and since all
of the obvious troop transport vehicles have only transport(2), the big
vehicles can carry the unusual stuff without individual points lists to
get in the way.

        Oh, and yes I would say that means a T-hawk could transport 2 Raiders
or Rhinos, which could each be holding 2 stands of troops. (Depends on
whether you consider the transport ability to be more of a reflection
weight capacity or volume capacity, but I'll go with volume for
this...). I think this will be self-balancing as that's a lot of stuff
packed in a single target...

Chris Miller

(If there's a common transport with more than a 2 capacity, remind me
please.)