Re: [Epic] Traitor

From: Los <los_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 11:27:16 -0800

Larry "Liquid" Plummer wrote:

> I went to the Geo-Hex site to get info on Dirtside and while they have
> pics
> and prices, they have no story or history explaining what it is all
> about.

Well, I know at any moment people will start complaining about going off
topic but...

There's no background info on the universe on their webiste. All GZG
games have a common Sci-Fi background, but the rules are designed and
meant to be used with any possible Sci-Fi background you come up with. A
good example with Full Thrust9Their space combat game) is that the rules
have full conversions for B5, Star Trek, Star Fleet wars, etc. Both
Dirstide and Stargrunt have Starship Troopers and some Epic conversions.

The background provided postulates a near future (within teh next two
hundred years) where various earth powers basically begin colonizing
local space (within 40-50 light years of Earth) which leads to various
power struggles and wars amongst them. You have the follwoing powers: (I
might get some of these wrong)

NAC: New Anglican Federation, former US, UK, Canada
ESU: Eastern Solar Union: Former asian/Russain power blocks
NSL: Nue Swwabian League: German/Austrian/central powers
FSE: Federal Stats Europa: Former France and rest of old EU.
PUA: Pan African Union: Old Africa
IF: Islamic Federation: Old teh old Islamic states:
There's also New Israel, which colonized their own world after Israel
was nuked by Islamic Terrorists, Japan, a semi autonomous power block
with close ties to the ESU, the UN, blah blah blah.

Finally at the end of the Full Thrust timeline and the beginning of the
More Thrust timelien, humans make first contact with the Kra' Vaak and
later the Sa'Vasku, (a tyrannid like force).

All the rules are well organized and liberally provided with pictures
artwork and examples of play. There are some Very nice miniatures lines
from GZG in both 1/1200 ships, 1/285th microarmor and troops, and 25mm.
But you can use all your Epic stuff too. Figures represent individual
vehicles and individual soldiers (mounted as fireteams).

Hope that helps.

Los