[Epic] Orks hitching a ride

From: Carl Billen <billenc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 17:19:41 +0100

I've got a couple of questions about the 'Orks hitching a ride' rule :

a) Are Speedstas, Flakwagons and Squiggoths considered Battlewagons for
hitching rides ? (As in being able to transport 1 Ork stand)

b) Can only infantry units hitch a ride or are Big Guns also allowed to be
transported ? (They would be towed instead)

c) Does an infantry unit have to dismount at the end of a phase or can they
stay mounted during several phases ?

d) When a transport with Orks hitching a ride on it, is shot at and
destroyed, are the hitchers also destroyed (ouch...), or are the hitchers
destroyed instead (gimme more Gretchins...), or is this resolved like units
being transported inside vehicles ?

e) When an infantry unit is dismounted during the assault phase, does it
still have to move 5cm towards the enemy ? ('cause dismounted units are not
allowed to move...)

f) Can an infantry stand be dismounted and placed into close combat ? I see
it already : Battlewagons with Nobz hitchers assaulting towards the enemy,
just stopping 1cm from the enemy, to dismount their (effective) assault
troops...

Thanks in advance,

Carl Billen
billenc_at_...