RE: [Epic] [off topic] Sculpty Questions

From: Neil R. Thomason <n.thomason_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 14:27:53 GMT

>> > Can somebody tell me if pewter, plastic or slotta bases melt
>> or go soft
>> > if you fire them when you fire up sculpy.
>> > e.g. plastic marine is in the oven because the sculpty is on
>> him as
>> > spikes.

Could someone explain what 'sculpty' is? I presume it's a modelling clay
requiring heat for it to set properly. Does the packet state what
temperature is required?

The quick answer is to try it! Put a section of waste sprue in the oven
with offcuts of pewter, and see what happens. White metal, as used by GW,
melts readily in a candle flame.

I use Milliput, a two-tube epoxy putty that sets without heat after a few
hours, or Greenstuff, a similar material used by the GW sculptors.

Cheers,

NRT

New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group