Re: [Epic] Final Liberation

From: Elias Tiliakos <elite_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 97 04:06:55 EST

At 10:15 PM 12/13/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Stephen Sheldon wrote:
>
>> I finally got my copy yesterday. I am a little confused about the
>> effectiveness of barrage. I have levelled wagonz with whirlwinds, then
>> not managed to kill any orks even with direct hits, and I have shelled a
>> buggy with three bombards with no effect.
>> Another thing that pissed me off, I had a t-hawk which was hit by ork
>> bolter fire and it ran away, routed...
>> Steve
>>
> The barrage works best in FL for taking out buildings. When a building
>comes down it takes out every ork in it. But for whatever reason it just
>doesn't like to knock out single units. My main complaint was that a kannon
>with one shot took out my warlord which hadn't taken a bit of damage then
>turned around and took out my storm hammer with its second shot. RIP OFF!
>L8ER ^_^

Yeah, those Kustom Kannon Speedstas SUCK!! They can take out a super heavy
with one good volley. It wouldn't suprise me about the warlord, either.
The Kustom Kannon shoots a horrendous number of battlecannon shots, and
they have good penetration, so if something gets hit, it's most likely
"bye bye birdie!" time. As for barrage weapons, I've had mixed success
with them. Bombards have proven extremely useful (when they actually hit
something). They can take out most Ork tanks, especially on side or rear
shots. They're also great for picking off nasty speedstas with Lifta
Droppas and Kannons. Just don't depend on them, and be careful with your
forces. Whirlwinds are best for taking out infantry, Basilisks just
suck, as far as I'm concerned.

As a side note, my superheavy company (the Volistad Iron Lords) now has
three Stormhammers, one Baneblade, and one Stormshadow, with two detachments
of Bombards for artillery support. Those Superheavies kick some serious
butt!!! Great for killing everything, particularly those Stormhammers.
14 bolters, 4 Lascannons, and 4 Battlecannons. Yikes!!!

Another note: the company commander at the bottom of the list costs only
50 points to buy, and has 2 tank, 1 superheavy, and 1 infantry slot. Cheap
and very useful.

Elias

"Understanding is a three edged sword."

                        -Kosh