Re: [Epic] Final Liberation

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 12:37:49 -0800 (PST)

> Yeah, those Kustom Kannon Speedstas SUCK!! They can take out a super heavy
> with one good volley. It wouldn't suprise me about the warlord, either.
> The Kustom Kannon shoots a horrendous number of battlecannon shots, and
> they have good penetration, so if something gets hit, it's most likely
> "bye bye birdie!" time. As for barrage weapons, I've had mixed success
> with them. Bombards have proven extremely useful (when they actually hit
> something). They can take out most Ork tanks, especially on side or rear
> shots. They're also great for picking off nasty speedstas with Lifta
> Droppas and Kannons. Just don't depend on them, and be careful with your
> forces. Whirlwinds are best for taking out infantry, Basilisks just
> suck, as far as I'm concerned.
>
> As a side note, my superheavy company (the Volistad Iron Lords) now has
> three Stormhammers, one Baneblade, and one Stormshadow, with two detachments
> of Bombards for artillery support. Those Superheavies kick some serious
> butt!!! Great for killing everything, particularly those Stormhammers.
> 14 bolters, 4 Lascannons, and 4 Battlecannons. Yikes!!!
>
> Another note: the company commander at the bottom of the list costs only
> 50 points to buy, and has 2 tank, 1 superheavy, and 1 infantry slot. Cheap
> and very useful.

It seems some units are unbalanced. Lungburstas are crap tanks but they
take so much to kill. I like the game, but after playing a while I am not
so enthusiastic. I can't stand the bright and happy paint schemes on all
the vehicles either...
Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of