Re: [Epic] Epic: Tactics for Orky victory

From: Bart Koehler <bkoehler_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 07:43:47 -0500

I played my first game against Eric and his Eldar and did not fair well. He
did not halve one of my detachmenst and halved my Mega-Gargant only on the last
turn. Still, I lost -27 to 11! I lost on one turn alone 21 morale for blast
markers! Plus, this is the first time I lost all 12 planes!. Not just
damaged, but destroyed. I had to use a Curses Folied Agian card just to save
my favorite pilot (Ace Shoota) and bring him back in the next fight.

I think I am going to try a new strategy. Since Eldar do not have a lot of
firepower I am going to take more Batttle Wagons and March them across the
battle field with Assault Orcs hitching a ride (Nobz, Nobz, Nobz). This will
put these guys 75cm in on the first turn, should be able to take some blows and
then deal out some serious damage. The trick is to get in fast against the
Eldar. I was stalled across my entire front because of blast markers! I may
consider not taking Fighta Bomberz and taking small Flak detachments spread out
throughout my army. I let you know if it works.

Try taking this detachmnet once. 14 Nobz, 4 Boars, 4 Big Guns, 2 Stompas and a
Warboss Stompa. Incredible Assault value, but also the big guns and Stompas
provide 20 firepower just by themselves to prevent firefights and add some long
range punch.

Bart