[Epic] First Game of Epic 40k. Many Questions..

From: Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister <colen_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 14:38:12 +0000

Vladimyr <morbid_at_...> came forth and spoke thusly:

>1. The Land Raider Anti Tank Shots. Do they count as:
> eight 1 point super heavy shots (giving 1 blast marker per hit)
> or one 8 point super heavy barrage (giving 1 blast marker)
        None of the above. They count as 8 super-heavy weapons, giving 1
blast marker.
>2. The way I read the rules my gargant always fired last because it was a
>war engine. True or False?
It fires after infantry, and can fire before or after other war engines.
>3. Being used to normal epic, I'm a little confused by the definition of hit.
> Does it mean - Gaze of Gork hits on a 2+. Does it cause a wound on a 2+?
> Or do I have to roll the armour save after? The way I read it hit means
> damaging hit. Am I right?
Let me guess, you used to play 40K? The 'to hit', 'to wound' and 'armour
save' rolls are combined into the 'armour value' of a unit. Land
raiders, for example, have an AV of 6, meaning that when you shoot, you
need a 6 to kill them. The Death Ray always hits (i.e., always kills) on
a 2+.
>4. Also, with the gargant (or any other thing with multiple shots), do you
>have to declare all your shots before shooting, or do you go through them?
>Or do they have to shoot at the same detachment?
All shots must be declared before you shoot.
>Well, the game was interesting, but the fact that everything needed a 6 to
>hit the gargant (except the Land Raiders) meant that the gargant still had
>one shield left at the end of the game (and all marines were dead). I made
>sure the Land Raiders were taken out first (they took out most of the
>shields) and then the others barely made a dent. Which seems just a little
>hard to believe. Has anyone else played this scenario? How did it go?
Why 6? Gargants have an AV of 5. This could be why it was so easy...

--
Colen 'Not Colin' 'Mad Dog' McAlister, Director of N.A.S.A.
(the National Anti-Skaven Alliance), R'n'F Member, Lord of