[Epic] First Game of Epic 40k. Many Questions..

From: Vladimyr <morbid_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 08:47:55 +1000

Hi there.

        Just played my first game of Epic 40k. Decided to play Gogard's Last
Stand. The Game seems a bit quicker than origian Epic, though I do have a
few questions (note, these are probably in the rule book and are silly, but
hey)

1. The Land Raider Anti Tank Shots. Do they count as:
        eight 1 point super heavy shots (giving 1 blast marker per hit)
        or one 8 point super heavy barrage (giving 1 blast marker)

2. The way I read the rules my gargant always fired last because it was a
war engine. True or False?

3. Being used to normal epic, I'm a little confused by the definition of hit.
    Does it mean - Gaze of Gork hits on a 2+. Does it cause a wound on a 2+?
    Or do I have to roll the armour save after? The way I read it hit means
    damaging hit. Am I right?

4. Also, with the gargant (or any other thing with multiple shots), do you
have to declare all your shots before shooting, or do you go through them?
Or do they have to shoot at the same detachment?

Well, the game was interesting, but the fact that everything needed a 6 to
hit the gargant (except the Land Raiders) meant that the gargant still had
one shield left at the end of the game (and all marines were dead). I made
sure the Land Raiders were taken out first (they took out most of the
shields) and then the others barely made a dent. Which seems just a little
hard to believe. Has anyone else played this scenario? How did it go?

Also, what are people's general opinions of Epic 40k?
What do you think of it and why?

Also, it should be fairly easy to play Space Marine with the new miniatures
and bases. How many of you are doing that?

Thanks
And apologies for the questions.
Vladimyr
AKA Mr Flibble

How 'bout a sad song to help me get further down
So down like I'm drowning, so down like I'm dying
        - The Screaming Jets - Sad Song