Re: [Epic] Expensive!!!!!!!

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 1997 23:10:33 -0700

TConsta505 wrote:

> I am new to EPIC, so bare with me. My main questions are---Why are the minis
> so expensive, and where is the cheapest place in the US to get them, either
> online or by phone?????
> Any decent non GW toys that I could use to substitute? I have seen several
> micromachines that could work.
> I have played several of the battles, and my main opponent is having
> difficulty winning (orks). Any suggestions on tactics for him to win, at
> least occasionally? The units seem to be well rounded, for orks. Can orks
> use the drop pod rulz?

Orks can use drop pods in the scenarios where allraces can use drop
pods.

I play against Orks a lot, and have only lost one battle to them. I
think lots of pulsa's help the ork cause; use bullet reloads to make a
lot of them fast. Also, Orks get the cheapest deathrays (and lifta
droppas) around, and you should capitalize on this.

Also, when playing against space marines, you must try to make the Land
Raiders come to you. Land raiders on overwatch are way too powerful. If
you can't make them come to you, use a lot of infantry in one turn to
soak up the shots without a huge point loss, then kill them with cheap
firepower or assault.

Thane