Re: [Epic] Chaos Questions

From: Dirk Vormann <DVormann_at_...-duisburg.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 10:06:02 +0100 (MEZ)

> a) On the Chaos sprue, dated GW 1990, I have spotted 10 Chaos CMs, 2
> Minotaurs, 3 Juggers, 2 Slaanshi steeds, 1 Tzeentch disc rider, 1 Chaos
> champion, and 5 Beastmen. There is a figure missing between the Chaos
> champion and a steed of Slaanesh, but I don't know what it was.
> Furthermore, there a 5 small Chaos Space Marines next to the Beastmen; could
> they be Chaos Squats ? Are there any rules/stats regarding the Minotaurs or
> are they considered the Beastman Champion ? Or is the Beastman champion the
> Bestman with the gun from the IG ? If the small CSMs are Chaos Squats, what
> are their stats ? I also did not notice any Terminators; do any specific
> minis exist for them?
A Troll is missing. Yes, Chaos Squats. Chaos Terminators: use those from
the Marine sprue. Rules can be found in the net (try Eye of Terror, I am
not sure).

> b) I have about 20 Juggers and Slaaneshi steeds, but they are only allowed
> for Champions. I was hoping to make a cavalry detachment, but the army list
> doesn't allow it (only biker squads are allowed...). With about 40 figures,
> divided by 3 figures per bases (as Cavalry), I will have about 13
> champions...
Old minis are sometimes useless.

> c) I also received about 40 figures which I would describe as 'Skeletons'.
> They are armed with a long rifle and have a saw-like bayonet. As I looked
> in the Chaos stats of the Titan Legions rulebook, I noticed an entry called
> 'Chaos Androids'. Are these they figures I have ? If so, are there any
> Epic40K stats for it or can these be used to represent the Necrons ?
Chaos Android.

> d) I also received some sprues with a few figures on it, but they seem to be
> of several races. In the corner a mortar can be found, next to the Shokk
> Attack Gun. Below are two figures next to the Ork Dreadnought, but I don't
> know what they are. They are 18mm high, have a big left fist and a gatling
> gun in/as their right hand. You can see they pilot's/driver's face/helmet.
> They have a badge/medaillon on their chest and I noticed an Imperial eagle
> below the cockpit. What are they ?
Sounds like an old Stompa sprue.
The mortar should be a mole mortar. Imperial Eagle: SM Dreadnoughts.

> e) I also have figures called Magnus and Angron. Are they considered Daemon
> princes for gaming purposes ?
Actually they are the Primarchs of the Thousand Sons (Magnus) and the
World Eaters (Angron). Use them as Deamon Princes.

DV