[Epic] Chaos Questions

From: Carl Billen <billenc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 08:38:24 +0100

During this weekend I've obtained several sprues of older figures (+ the
Titan Legions rules), which include Chaos and IG. However, as I haven't
received my catalogue yet for identifications purposes (although I doubt
that they will allow me to identify figures on the sprues), I have a few
identification and gaming questions :

a) On the Chaos sprue, dated GW 1990, I have spotted 10 Chaos CMs, 2
Minotaurs, 3 Juggers, 2 Slaanshi steeds, 1 Tzeentch disc rider, 1 Chaos
champion, and 5 Beastmen. There is a figure missing between the Chaos
champion and a steed of Slaanesh, but I don't know what it was.
Furthermore, there a 5 small Chaos Space Marines next to the Beastmen; could
they be Chaos Squats ? Are there any rules/stats regarding the Minotaurs or
are they considered the Beastman Champion ? Or is the Beastman champion the
Bestman with the gun from the IG ? If the small CSMs are Chaos Squats, what
are their stats ? I also did not notice any Terminators; do any specific
minis exist for them?

b) I have about 20 Juggers and Slaaneshi steeds, but they are only allowed
for Champions. I was hoping to make a cavalry detachment, but the army list
doesn't allow it (only biker squads are allowed...). With about 40 figures,
divided by 3 figures per bases (as Cavalry), I will have about 13
champions...

c) I also received about 40 figures which I would describe as 'Skeletons'.
They are armed with a long rifle and have a saw-like bayonet. As I looked
in the Chaos stats of the Titan Legions rulebook, I noticed an entry called
'Chaos Androids'. Are these they figures I have ? If so, are there any
Epic40K stats for it or can these be used to represent the Necrons ?

d) I also received some sprues with a few figures on it, but they seem to be
of several races. In the corner a mortar can be found, next to the Shokk
Attack Gun. Below are two figures next to the Ork Dreadnought, but I don't
know what they are. They are 18mm high, have a big left fist and a gatling
gun in/as their right hand. You can see they pilot's/driver's face/helmet.
They have a badge/medaillon on their chest and I noticed an Imperial eagle
below the cockpit. What are they ?

e) I also have figures called Magnus and Angron. Are they considered Daemon
princes for gaming purposes ?

Many thanks in advance,

Carl Billen
billenc_at_...