Re: [Epic] Necronians in E40K

From: Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister <colen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 15:15:40 +0000

Michael and Christina King <kingcm_at_...> came forth and spoke thusly:
>On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister wrote:
>> Well, after a perusal of the Necron rules in White Dwarf, here's what I
>> came up with:
>>
>> Name Speed Range FP Assault Armour Special
>> Necron Warrior 10cm 15cm 2 4 6 Save
>> Scarab Thingy 15cm 15cm Disrupt 1 6 Save, Jump Packs
>>
>> What do people think? If it was up to me, I'd give the Necrons a 15cm
>> Disrupt as well. Using the PVCalc, both cost about 15.
>
>Well, the 40K Necron gun is basicly a bolter with a better save mod, give
>it 30 cm range and 1 FP.
And the Eldar Guardians Shuriken Catapults are basically Bolters with a
better save mod and 1SFD... it's not the bolters, IMAO, it's the Heavy
Weapons in he squad. Devastators have more --> Higher FP.
>The Assault ability would be better compared to a Tactical Marine but the
>Necron has a lower I, debateable between an Assault or 2 or 3.
But the durability has to be represented in CC...
>Both the Necrons and Scarabs cause penalties if they are within 6 inches,
>translated a disrupt at 10 cm for each would probably be closest.
Yeah. I was trying to do them without any more rules, but it doesn't
really work that well.
>What about the Scarab ability to "latch on" and reduce the armor of a
>vehicle?? I don't recall hearing if the effect ws permenant or only until
>you dislodged the scarab or if you could dislodge the scarab. The only
>answer I can think of right now is a new special ability, Reduce Armor -
>armor of the target vehicle is reduced by one. If the Scarab moves into
>H2H then remove the stand a make a note that the armor of the target is
>reduced. There is probably a better solution but I can't seem to think of
>anything else right now...
Sounds good to me.

--
Colen 'Not Colin' 'Mad Dog' McAlister, Director of N.A.S.A.
(the National Anti-Skaven Alliance), R'n'F Member, Lord of